Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Part of College Is Learning About Responseability: So Why Forgive Student Loans

I had a student loan and paid it back. Why is it students should not have to pay back their loans. At minimum they could do public service as partial payment. Students in college during my day had to take at least twelve units a semester to have a draft deferral. This means that you would graduate in no more than 5 years. I worked full time and went to law school fool time. I worked full time and went to graduate school full time. I had to pay my way. I received some help from employers but not on a regular basis. I worked constantly during my bachelors degree also. I paid my student loan off in a timely manner. Students don't have to go to private schools or diploma mills to get a degree that is exorbitant in costs. No one has to go away to school. I also worked part and full time through my first four years of college. Not every person needs to go to college. Trade schools are important. Many trades can pay more to a person than one whom goes to college and gets a four year degree. We have dropped these programs out of our middle schools and high schools. So as time goes by who is going to fix our cars and air conditioning? Yes, many colleges are outrageous in costs. It is deplorable that we give scholarships to illegal immigrants when our citizens have to pay more. That is how does someone here illegally go to a government sponsored school and receive residence rates?

No comments:

Post a Comment