Thursday, October 9, 2014

WE NEED NEWS ON TELEVISION NOT EDITORIALS

I understand that the situation in Hammond, Indiana regarding the police breaking the glass is frightening. However, the police waited almost 14 minutes for the people to comply. The man in the car did all the wrong things beyond complying he reached into the glove compartment and reached behind him... The man had a warrant for no drivers license and marijuana no big thing but it was a warrant because he failed to appear. Then in this situation he has no ID. However, he offers the police a ticket he received. Any bets it included but may have not been limited to no drivers license. Offering the ticket as ID is not reasonable. It has no description nor any picture. However, not complying has a lot of messages to the police in it. Commentators have been instigating more disrespect of the police. They have shown the last few seconds of the video with the police breaking the window yet the haven't shown what led up to it. It was a great day when news was news and not editorial. Give me the facts and allow me to make my own decisions. I AM NOT SAYING EITHER PARTY IS RIGHT OR WRONG. I AM SAYING THE REPORTING IS LESS THAN ADEQUATE SENSATIONALISM. I AM ALSO SAYING WE NEED TO STOP THESE VIGILANTE TRIALS BY TELEVISION COMMENTATORS. AT THIS POINT I AM SIDING WITH THE POLICE. THE FAIL TO COMPLY IS AN OFFENSE THAT SENDS A PERSON TO JAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment